CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU

Daily training diary for paddlers of City Dragons Dragonboat club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alex's Solomons training regime

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kazak

Alex's Solomons training regime Empty
PostSubject: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:47 am

Hey All,

Some of you I may have already met, to those that I haven't..g'day
Im not a paddler although I did attend one training session around year ago.

I think that the idea of posting training routines online is awesome since it allows for feedback and more importantly the overwatch feeling I'm sure will help motivate me to get that ass off the couch!

My main reason for posting is that I'm now posted to Solomon Islands for 4 months. Here I have ample opportunity to train, eat and sometimes sleep (shift work sucks sometimes).

I have been training previously but over the four months I will exploit all opportunity become bigger, faster and stronger! I have come off a two week break and arrived yesterday afternoon to the typical Solomon heat and stinking humidity with a hangover from the Brisbane farewell the night before... not a good start but 3L of water later I did feel a bit safer.

My intent is to balance heavy weight training with grappling, a bit of running and other group activities as they happen. To achieve this I realise that my calorie intake will have to be enormous (since Im a big eater anyway). Therefore in my posession is Max's Wpi Protein, Animal M-Stack and Tribulus for later on if I hit a wall or plateau.

Please feel free to add comments, tips or observations and good luck to you wall with your own training for Macau.. so without further delay..
…....................................................................................................................

Day 1:
Breakfast at 8 of 3 eggs, Sausages, beans, bacon, 3 wheat bix with full cream milk.
Back to top Go down
Commando

Commando

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:34 am

Arrow Welcome Alex and how are you mate? pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.platoontraining.blogspot.com
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:08 am

Im good thanks buddy, looking to become a machine!! Twisted Evil

Didnt get to finish yesterdays posting as the net went down.. try to remember what I did and ate..

After breakfast did a scoop of Protein powder and went for training..
Trained a whole body circuit starting with 4 sets oh chins (wide, narrow, reverse grip)
Dumbell presses 3x40kg 8-10 reps
Cable Narrow grip rows 3x 84kgs 8-10 reps
Smiths mach. Squats 100kgs 3x10 reps
Seat d-bell shoulder press 3x 8reps 22kgs
Calf raises on machine 3x 20 reps
Tri's pushdowns 2x8reps
Bi d-bell curls 2x 10reps 22kgs

Very quickly put together workout to get me into the routine of training.
Post training protein shake then lunch with 4 chicken drumsticks, half plate rice and salad.

mid afternoon snack: chicken sandwhich

Dinner: 2 Thai fish cakes, 2 chicken thigh fillets, half plate rice and salad

Training 2: 2 hours grappling with Johno, Erik and Reg..mainly ground work and technique stuff so not much exersion but still worked up a sweat!
Protein shake again and two chicken sandwiches with tomato, cheese and carrot before bed Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:42 am

Im seeing some good results coming out of you this 4months mate......MACHINNNEEEE Cool
Back to top Go down
https://citydragons.forumotion.net
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Thanks skeeeny and how are you doing Miguel?

Day 2: Woke up 9hrs sleep but missed breakfast, so I skoffed a yogurt + Max's shake and took my first handful of M-Stack pills, half hour later, trained Back and Bi's with Erik the grub.

Lat pull downs: 4x 8 reps 90kgs
One arm d-bell rows: 3x 10reps 50kgs (could've gone heavier but the big V's is all they had)
Deadlift 3x5reps 140kgs approx on a cambered bar (no straight bar, very uncomfortable).
Bi Curls with same cambered bar 1plate per side 3x8reps (last few spotted)
Hammer curls 3x10reps 15kgs
B/O Concentration curls 3x10-12 reps 10kgs

Post session shake then lunch: Rice, 3 chicken thigh fillets in curry + salad.

Went to work and missed snack as there was a soccer match on with team playing that rival very badly. Last week the match caused a riot resulting in chinatown being burnt...AGAIN! Mad
Luckily all went well.
Dinner: Rice, two grilled minute steaks, one chicken schnitzel, salad, desert: cake, jelly and custard No ...hey! going for a run after work.
Going for 4laps = 6kms approx

So far feel good , slightly sore, constantly sweating as its humid as f**k today. The usual chicken sandwhich and shake before bed, maybe even a beer! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 am

Day 3: Still smashing it!
Had a bad night sleep, very broken, could be the doxy anti-malaria meds i been taking..
Woke up for breakfast today of; 4x poached eggs, half plate baked beans, 1x strip bacon, 1x sausage, 3 wheat bix with full cream milk Very Happy ohhhh yeah felt good!!

Took my second dose of m-stack pre-training
Trained: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
D-bell presses flat: 40kgx 8reps, 45kg x 6reps, 45kg x 5reps
Parrallel dips +10kg: 9 reps, 8reps, 7 reps
D-bell pullover: 30kg x 10 reps x 2 sets
Shoulder raise: 10kg (10 front, 10 side, 20 rear reps) x 3 sets....
Tri push downs, superset with rope: 34plates/16plates x 3sets

Finished workout with good pump in the right places Cool ohh yeh..
Protein shake post workout
Lunch: 2 slices of white fish, rice, cuscus salad, tomato and cucumber salad.

Mid afternoon snack: Roast beef sandwich with cheese and tomato.

Dinner: lots of whatever is on the menu!!

2nd Training sesh in grappling 1.5hrs approx expected with some 3 minute rounds at the end so should be stuffed by the end Smile

Will do a protein shake and chicken sandwich before bed as I skipped that last night and had that empty feeling which was why I possibly slept so crap..
PS legs sore from the run! woot woot!!
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm

OK.. first of all.. correction on yesterdays entry. Ended up doing 2 hours of grappling, again lots of technique with 4 x4 min rounds at the end.. oooft but it felt soo good!

Day 4 (23/11):
Woke up today feeling stiff and sore as hell all over, good sign!
After a roast beef sandwhich breakfast (woke up late and mess was closed) decided to go for a walk around the base and do some light activity to loosen up. Ended up walking just under 3kms and stopped by the bars for 5sets of 5 chins.. with good long stretches at the bottom.
1200hrs Had braised beef and rice for lunch with salad.

1430hrs Protein shake

Went to the lime lounge for a coffee and a swim at the King Sol hotel.

1730hrs Dinner: Grilled t-bone with ravioli and salad.

1900hrs Training: Did very light bodyweight circuit of 20squats, 40 push ups, 1min wall sits, 2min shadow box........twice over. Finished workout with double scoop protein shake. Hopefully this will suffice for a rest day as a very big/heavy legs workout is planned for tomorrow! Lookout skeeeny Im the hungry wolf climbing the mountain!!
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Feels oh so good rollin around with other men huh.....so gay!!! Tell Eric to keep his speedos on!!! Razz

Plenty of food at the top of the mountain, and thats where I plan to stay buddy boy afro
Back to top Go down
Commando

Commando

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:01 am

I don`t know you AFP people Suspect
too much homo activities... Laughing disguised as hard training or
what ever you guys with your special codes call it:
hard pump, speedos, mats, climbing the hard mountain, hungry wolf, on top, under,
etc... lol!

VERY GAY Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.platoontraining.blogspot.com
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:48 pm

I thought this was a workout forum! all I see is a bunch of blokes talking shit about each other! Smile \

Skeeny you'll see what all this gay rolling around is all about when I come back and fold you like a paper hat tongue

Back to business homos...

Day 5:
Woke up with only 5hrs sleep after night shift. Waited for lunch and ate roast chicken, pumpkin and rice for lunch.
Had usual m-stack and protein pre workout at about 4pm.

Trained legs, lagging areas first!
Calf raises: 20reps x107kg, 15reps x 120kg, 15reps x 120kg, 15reps x 110kg, 15reps x 107kg.
Smiths-M Squats: 20reps x 60kg, 12reps x 100kg, 6reps x 120kg, 8reps x 120kg.
Leg extensions: (*This exercise was fucked due to the fact that the machine is extremely poorly designed ie. insufficient padding right on shins/ non-adjustable for length*) 3sets of 30reps approx 35kg.
Straight leg Deadlift: (Cambered Olympic bar) 90kgs x 10reps x 3sets (focus was on slow technique and mind to muscle connection).
Lunges: 20kg plate- 3sets of 30reps
Chins-ups/Calf Raises: 4sets of chins followed by 107kg x 15 reps calves.
Finish!!

Excellent pump in calves to start!! felt HUUUUUGE like skin would burst! Looked down to see two very small bulges Embarassed Workout went well legs now very fatigued. On a good note, negotiated to use the army dungeon gym which has a proper olympic bar!! HAPPY DAYS!! cheers

Had protein shake and 30min later dinner:
Roast beef, curry chicken, rice, tortellini, salad, desert (jelly, fruit, small slice of cake).

Started work at 2100hrs with a snack of two sandwiches with pork, tomato, cheese, beetroot + Juice popper.

It is now midnight and I am just about to have the same.

On a serious note.. you guys have any comments thus far on what I been doing?
I should really skip the deserts and clean up the meals shouldn't I? Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Well.. today was a mixed bag of exercises but generally I really enjoyed todays routine.

Woke up to lunch of Lamb chops, rice, salad.

Protein shake 2hrs later and went to train. trained in a army tent first off drenched from the rain and sweat!
Clean and Press: 60kg x 6reps, 70kg x 4 x 4 x 3.
Deadlifts: 70kgs warm up, 120kg x 10reps, 140kg x 7reps x 6reps x 5reps (couldn't hold bar, wet and slippery No ).
Chin ups: 10, 8, 8, 7, 7 (varying grips)
Push ups: 40, 30, 20, 15, 15 (1min rest between each set)
Treadmill: 1lap @ 8, 1lap @ 10, 1lap @ 12, 1lap @ 14.

Had Protein shake just as Jono showed up with an offer to go do some standup training.. so I went.

Heavy bag Circuit: 1min punches, 1min skip knees, 1min left kick, 1min skip knees, 1min kicks & punches, 5 burpees....rest.
Then the same again replacing left kicks for right.
Pad work: Pyramid drill x5 no rest.

Protein shake to finish.

Dinner: roast beef, rice and heaps of salad/vegies.

Then a played poker and won 100aus bucks! Very Happy

Two sandwiches of pork, beetroot, cucumber on wheat bread.. coffee... movie time and sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:02 am

Woke up just in time for lunch today Smile
Had breakky at lime Lounge Big breakfast with 4extra eggs Smile I have also reduced amount different meats just sticking to either chicken or beef and increased salad consumption!!

Went for coffee at lime lounge and spent early afternoon by the pool.

Came back had protein shake and started training for the day:
Grappling: 1.5hrs with Jono 1 on 1... no rounds just continuous wrestling. Got submitted once every 30seconds to a minute on average Embarassed but learning heaps.

Dinner: Roasted chicken x4 pieces, salads, rice.

Weights: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
D-bell press: 20kg x 20, 35kg x 12, 40kg x 8, 45kg x 4, 45kg x 4
Par-bar Dips (20kgs plate/free weight): 6/2, 5/2, 6/2, 4/3
Machine Mil. Press: 50something kgs, 8reps, 8reps, 7reps, 6reps.
Sitting Lateral/Rear-Lat raise: 12.5kgs x 10/15reps, 10/15reps, 10/15reps....7.5kgs x 10/15reps (slow lifts focus on technique).
Tri-cricuit for tri's!!....Overhead Ext 30kg D-bell/ Pushdown straight bar 27kgs/ Rope push-d's 16kgs: 4/8/10+ till failure, 4/8/10+, 4/8/10+

Done...? not quite....
Had Protein shake and went to bar for last drinks..sucked down 4shots of Vodka and a Solbrew drunken then was challenged by a chick that I could go running on the piss like she does.. so back to the room to get into running gear for 3laps = 4.5kms whilst drunk, very nasty.. to her credit she had already a lap, nevertheless told myself running at night and on the piss is stupid.

Had a plate of rice chicken and tomatoes + Protein shake and went to sleep 4hrs before work Crying or Very sad

On another point... I can no longer access this forum from my room..only work, due to excessive wording on page its been blocked... No
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Day 8:

Had early day shift with little sleep and three sessions the day before so woke up extremely tired and sore, nevertheless...

Big breakfast with cereal

2 Tubs yogurt snack

Lunch: Chicken drumstick x 3, rice and salad

Training: Kickbox circuit... (1min punches, 1min Skip-kness, 1min Kicks, 5 burpees) x 5 times repeat
Weights: Back/ Bi's
Chins: 10/8/7/7
Wide grip pulldowns: 90kg x 6reps x2sets
D-bell rows: 50kg x 8reps, 50kg x 10reps
Preacher bench: 35kg x 10reps x 3 sets (approx. can't remember)
Hammer curls: 20kg x 10reps, 20kg x 10reps, 15kg x 12reps
Concentration Curls: 8kg x 10, 10, 9, 8, 7 reps

Wasn't happy with lifting strength but thats what you get for trying to box before. Need some proper sleep also. Got a little bit on this piss again after a dinner of fish and salad... then went to a bbq pig
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:27 am

Day 9: Off today.

Slept most of the day outside work.
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Day 10:

Believe it or not after all that sleep I still woke up like a zombie! Had a huge breakfast...the lot 5 poached eggs, sausage, hashbrown, tomato, bacon, 2 wheat-bix with skim milk geek .... and a bowl of fruit salad.

Had a bacon and egg bun for mid morning snack and a yogurt, followed by a huge chicken, rice and vegies lunch.
Spent the early afternoon working on a tan at the King Sol then came back to base for the usual M-stack/Protein shake and got to real work!!

Trained BJJ 1.5hrs with Jono.. continuous grappling only to stop to be explained why I was choked etc etc stacks of positive lessons learned tho.

Dinner: Chicken x3 pieces, beef x1 piece, rice, cabbage stir fry.

Training 2: LEGS!! again training weak points first..
Machine Calves (Straight legs): 70kg x 20reps, 104kg x 20reps, 120kg x 15reps, 134kg x 10reps, 134kg x 10reps, 107kg x 15reps.
Smiths Machine Squats (Bare foot...cheers Raj!! afro ): 100kg x 15reps, 120kg x 10reps, 130kg x 6reps, 130kg x 6reps.
Smiths machine calf raise: 100kg x 20reps, 120kg x 15reps, 120kg x 15reps.
Straight Leg D-bell Deadlifts: 40kg x 12reps, 45kg x 10reps, 45kg x 10reps.
Lunges +20kg: 3sets x 30reps.
Done!

Protein shake post workout and the usual chicken sandwich pre bed time Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:57 am

The reason why you got choked out so many times is because of that flimsy neck you have......you need to be shrugging some humungous weight pal!

Last edited by Peter Skene on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:46 am

Day 11: Skeeny all you can do is sit twisted and bitter at home and type insults with your injured limp wrist... and Im still training and laughing Razz

8hrs sleep, started the morning with 2x tuna/salad sandwiches and a pices of cake from lime lounge... mmm

Protein shake + M-Stack, training:
Chest/Tri's:
D-bell press: 20kg x 15reps (w/up), 35kg x 12reps, 50kg x 5reps (spotted), 40kg x 8reps
Parallel Dips +20kg: 6, 5, 2
Overhead Ext: 32.5kg x 6, x 7, x 6reps.
Skull Crushes cambered bar: 30kg x 12reps, 40kg x 8reps, 40kg x 8reps.
Diamond Push ups: 8, 6, 4
Done....
In all, disappointing result, didnt need a spot on the first reps on the big V's, and also felt quite a bit of tendonitis in left elbow post workout, bought a pressure bandage for it and will ask for family to send glucosamine as joints are aching No not happy.
On a good not having good inbetween meals and going to boxing tonight, will see how elbow goes.
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 5:26 pm

Day 12:
Woke up with a bowl of fruit salad and did the PCA test for work which involved 8.1 beep test, 40 push ups, 40 sit ups.. blood pressure tested normal.. all good ...passed Smile Booked in to do a fat test tommorrow witha pincher... expect to see some large figures up here on the post Rolling Eyes

Had 3x chicken drumsticks and mash potato + brocoli for lunch.

Skipped Snack

Dinner: Fish + Chips + Salad

Training: 1.5hrs Grappling on the ground + a little randori judo Smile

Two sandwiches one with pork one with chicken, lettuce and chilli sause post training and a protein shake.

Stay tuned..big weights workout tomorrow!!

Remember.. if you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got!(Some good advice from a mate study )
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Hey all, day 13!

Woke up and did the fat test, will put a seperate post for that so maybe you guys can help me workout what it means..
Also, I will start recording new personal best results in bold so keep a lookout..

Had prtoein and usual m-stack and in for training:
Back/Bi's
Chin ups: 10xnormal grip, 8 x narrow, 8x wide
Lat pull downs: 85kg x 8, 95kg x 6, 95kg x 6
D-bell rows: 50kg x 10, 50kg x 11, 50kg x 11reps
Narrow Cable rows: 70kg x 15, 85kg x 7, 85kg x 8

Cambered standing Bar Bi-curls: 45kg x 10 x 3sets approx.
Seated Hammer curls: 17.5kg x 10 x 3sets approx.
Concentration curl: 8kg till fail (9reps)

Then lunch, potato wedges, chicken and pork roast + salad

Sanck: Tuna, lettuce + mayo sandwich

Dinner: Chips, Fish and vegie stir fry
1x Beer
2nd Dinner 1.5hrs later....same bounce fucking maaachiiiiiine!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

Day 14:

Two weeks in mission, man its flown past!!

Trained legs today and the rest of the day rested and ate afro
Had chicken sandwiches for late breaky (1400hrs)

Protein and M-stack, training
Calf Machine: 104kg x 20, 141kg x 15, 141kg x 11, 120kg x 15, 120kg x 13reps
Smiths Squats: 100kg x 10reps, 120kg x 8, 120kg x 8, 120kg x 6
Lunges +20kg: 30, 30, 20reps
At this point in time my legs were about to explode or catch on fire..one of the two Twisted Evil
Seated Leg curls: 52kg x 10reps x 3 sets
Run 1.4k with 50m sprint/jog intervals (this was done only coz the track was washed out ...wet season is here!! pale )
Feel very good, recovered and got plently in the tank! ready to keep smashing food and more weights like a demon!! Very Happy

Had fish and HEAPS of pork for dinner due to a Wantok who works in the kitchen...looked after me Wink
Protein shake..

0200am still awake so smashed another 2 chicken sandwiches and a protein shake!! Now I can sleep.. got riot training at 6am.. night all!!
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 8:05 pm

PS Here are my fat test results.. note the different reading depending on which test one takes confused

Weight: 102
Height : 194
Prepared by : Andy Roosen
Date : 2/12/2009
Body Fat % Estimates Fat (kg): Lean (kg):
Jackson Pollock 7 : 11.7 11.93 90.07
Jackson Pollock 3 : 11.42 11.64 90.36
Jackson Pollock 4 : 11.35 11.58 90.42
Parrillo 9 : 27.13 27.68 74.33
Durnin & Womersley 4 : 15.55 15.86 86.14
Tape Measurement : 26.88 27.42 74.58
Skinfold and other measurements
Chest : 10 mm
Abdominal : 15 mm
Thigh : 14.5 mm
Triceps : 8.5 mm
Subscapular : 12 mm
Suprailiac : 11 mm
Midaxillary : 13 mm
Biceps : 6.5 mm
Lower Back : 14 mm
Calf : 11 mm
Height : 194 cm
Neck : 38 cm
Abdomen : 94 cm
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Day 18:

Ok.. so last few days the post have gone missing.. here's the story, friday I trained and saturday went diving with the team, sat night got so drunk i had to have someone escort me to a room drunken . The next day was seedy as and even hurled once or twice pale
Woke up and cooked a BBQ for the boys and just as I shoved rissole down the gob there was an all available officers callout for some concert that had gone wrong. Long story short I deployed but in the end got no action.
Same shit occured the next day except I wasn't feeling seedy and again the concert nearly went to shit.

So back into it today., day shift, big breakky with scrambled eggs, french toast, 2x sausage, beans and bowl of fresh fruit salad.

Skipped snack..too many coffees

Lunch: chicken rise salad.

Snack half a tuna sandwhich + protein shake + 2x coffees bounce bounce

Training 1: Arms (concentrating on light good technique)
Cambered bar curls: 35 kg x 20reps, 45kg x 10reps, 50kg x 6, 35kg x 12approx.
Hammer curls: 17.5kg x 10reps, (20kg x 8reps + 10kg x 12reps drop-set), (20kg x 8reps + 10kg x 12reps drop-set)
Concentration curls: 9kg x 12reps, 15kg x 6reps, 15kg x 6reps, 7kg x 10reps.

Over-head ext: 25kg x 15reps, 30kg x 12reps, [b]35kg x 8reps, [b]35kg x 8reps[/b][/b]
Bench Dips +40kg/free: 20/8, 20/8, 21/6
Superset Diamond Push-ups/Rope pulls 16kg: 10/12, 10/12, 8/10-(14kg x 12reps)-(11kg x 20reps)
Finished with AWESOME pump in arms so extremely happy king king king

Smashed a protein shake and dinner: lamb shank, rice, chicken drumstick, salad!!

Training 2: 1.5hr BJJ with Jono and Regulus cheers What a fuckin awesome day to get back into it after a bit of a break!!
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:51 am

Day 19:

Woke up around 0930 and after a protein shake and a fruit salad got into it..

Legs/Abs: Shotty training today as the smiths machine was occupied by the tongans for over an hour Mad

Machine Calf raise: 5 sets going up to 141kg for reps, +2 drop sets
Machine leg press: 141kg x 12reps x 3sets
Lunges with rear leg on bench + 10kg: 3sets of 10each leg
Abs:
Sit-ups with med ball
Leg raises with push back (helped by professor erik)
Shake

Lunch

Dinner

1.5 hrs BJJ.. heaps of randori swapping between 3 people for two consecutive rounds against fresh partners. x4 times over with last two being 3min rounds bounce bounce happy with the exertion but realised that mistakes also increase when you're running low on gas! good lesson!

Shake+ beef and salad sandwich Smile
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Day 20:

Shake, apple and wheatbix

Training 1: Back

Chins: 5sets of 10, 8, 6, 7, 6
Lat pull downs: 100kg x 6, 5, 6reps affraid
B/O rows: 95kg x 6, 8, 8reps
D/bell rows: 50kg x 12, 12, 6reps
Superset d-bell shrugs 40kg/cable cross-overs reversed to hit rear dealts 11kg Smile: 10/9, 10/8, 10/8
Done
Shake + Lunch: half plate of roasted beef + gravy, 4x potatoes and brocolli Smile

No Snack Sad

Dinner

Grapple/Box 1.5hrs

Correction on yesterdays entry, the consecutive rounds BJJ were the day before, last night was judo.. randori with reg, slower pace, more learning but went for 2hrs. Overall happy with strength gains despite feeling fatigued and joints are sore, hopefully got my glucosamine in the mail today. Bodyweight no change as usual Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Started the morning with a solid breakky and my m-stack ready for 1100am training as pre-planned with erik...erik woke up late, and training was rescheduled for later in the day.

Had lunch: Pork and salad.

Snack: Tuna sandwich

Training: took another dose of the m-stack pills
trained chest and shoulders
D-bell press:20kg x 20reps, 35kg x 12reps, 50kg x 4reps (2 spotted), 50kg x 4reps (2spotted), 40kg x 7reps
Dips +20kg: 7, 7 (+3free), 6 (+4free)
Flyes (cable): 14kgs x 15reps x 4sets

Smiths-M Military press: 60kg x 10reps, 80kg x 6reps, 90kg x 4reps, 60kg x 5reps (failing completely by the end of last sets)
B/o D-bell raises lying on incline bench: 17.5kg x 15reps x 6sets.
Done, good pump rear delts, want to get 8 reps next time on the dips +20.
Shake, dinner, work
Yougurt, sandwich and shake snack 0100hrs
Sandwich and shake at 0400hrs.
0500hrs finished work and sleep.

Interesting start to work today, attended a hit and run fatality.. poor young guy was like a smashed crab. Had to control the local crowd who wanted to see if he was someone they knew or were related to.. Also in the crowd was one of the grubs that shot and later acquitted of killing Dunning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex's Solomons training regime
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next