CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU

Daily training diary for paddlers of City Dragons Dragonboat club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reticent Warrior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 6:07 pm

14 November 2009

Not much today, but i done i bike ride that i have never in my life had attempted or even thought about attempting.

Cycle from my house to my girls' (Siobhan and Iris) house.

Bike ride

Homebush to Quakers Hill.

Distance: 30Km
Riding Time: 1hr 28mins
Average Speed: 20.8Km/h

Arrived at Iris' and had a shake that included 45grams of Protein with espresso, 500ml Full Cream Milk and 4 heaped teaspoons of glucose.

Regular juice with Carrot, Celery, Orange and Apple.

2 Sandwiches Ham, Cheese, cucumber and Eggplant

2 Sopapillas pasadas (roughly 380 calories) . . . too much???

Rice with chicken stir-fry (home made).

Peace
Back to top Go down
https://citydragons.forumotion.net
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 15 & 16 November   Reticent Warrior EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:28 pm

15 November 2009

Sunday morning training - Swept most of the session as I needed to back up for Steve's absence and the conditions were difficult for our novice sweep Kim. She did well under the rough circumstances i.e. Undercurrents, strong wind which would drift the boat a lot, choppy and for some reason there was a lot of traffic today not dragon boats but other boats.

I ended up doing one transition, something better than nothing. Though with the conditions, for sweeping, out there this morning was tough on the body. Fighting the currents and re-adjusting the boat to a new because of drift or the current would grab the oar and move you off your course.

BBQ was great I had a roll with sausage, fried onion, tomato sauce and tomato x2, one beer and a fair bit of Watermelon.

Arrived home and had a Weight Session, 3 sets circuit training i.e. one exercise after the other no more that 10sec rest between each exercise. Once 1st set done rest one minute.

Warm it up and stretch it out.

Push ups - 20 Reps
Shoulder Press 5kg each Dumbbell - 15reps
Bent over raises/Bent over side laterals 5Kg each dumbbell - 15 reps
Front dumbbell raises 5Kg each dumbbell - 15 reps
Upright rows with EZ bar 10Kg - 15 reps
Seated dips - 20 reps
Bicep curl with EZ bar 10Kg - 15 reps
Sit ups on Pilates ball - 20 reps
Oblique Right side on Pilates ball - 15 reps
Oblique left side on Pilates ball - 15 reps
Squats 5Kg each dumbbell - 20 Reps

Rest 1 minute then start it all over again HORRAY!!!!! cheers

Once I have done all three sets warm down and stretches. Then the usual 40-45gm protein shake with 4 teaspoons of glucose and 500ml skim milk.

Left with Iris to her house and had a hand full of Cheetos Cheese & Bacon balls.

Dinner was a little bit of rice, left over stir-fry, corn, coli flour with white sauce, garden salad and watermelon.

Felt a little bloated after dinner so I had a Jasmine Green tea, after a while I was hungry again, any suggestions on what I could eat??? It was a little after 10pm. I ended up having a hot chocolate with full cream milk.

Now heading to bed.

Peace
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

16 November

Ended up going to sleep at around 12:30 last night.

Woke up at 5:45 to be at work by 8am (stayed over at Iris' place). Woke up with a cold, not good. I drank more water today than what i usually do, i must of had at least 3L.

Breakfast
3 small eggs (only ones left Mad ) with half a chorizo and a Golden Valley Iced Mocha.

mid morning / brunch
100gm (approx) Oats with full cream milk 400ml (approx) and 500ml of Pinapple juice.

Lunch
Home made pumpkin soup. 150 - 200ml and a TimeOut fundraiser chocolate.

Walked from Strathfield station to home. 1.5Km.

Arrived home fatigued, not enough sleep and the cold was getting to me. Rested for about half an hour and got into another weight session. This session i wasn't feeling the best so my reps were down, but like a warrior i surged through the session.

Same as yesterday, 3 set circuit training but i added Side Lateral Raises. 10 sec rest between each exercise with 1 minute rest at the end.

Push ups - 20 reps
Side Lateral Raises - 10 reps
Front dumbbell raises 5Kg each dumbbell - 10 reps
Bent over raises/Bent over side laterals 5Kg each dumbbell - 10 reps
Elevated seated dips - 20 reps (When in starting position with arm extended and body weight on the arms, my legs where 90 degrees to my body. My legs were resting on a chair, make sense???)

Warm down and stretches. The usual 40-45gm protein shake with 4 teaspoons of glucose and 500ml skim milk.

Working towards doing all exercises at 20 reps. Once achived I want to increase to 40 reps and once this is achived double the weight and halve the reps back down to 20 reps. Is this cool or should i be looking into doing it a different way???

Now heading to bed.

Peace

"I hated every minute of training,
but i said, 'Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life
as a champion.'"
Muhammad Ali.
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:29 pm

You are a warrior Christian! Lovin yr workload mate, keep up it up and you will be reaping the benifits.

The way yr doing yr full body circuit weight session is the way to go, this way you will always be progressing, it is important to strive to hit more reps each time you do that particular session. Looks like you have it sussed Smile

One thing with yr diet, why the large amount of glucose in each protein shake? I dont like that idea as glucose and sugar are condensed calories which you dont want. Also full cream milk is good for bulking up as its full of fat! but I would recommend skim for you to trim up but its still got the protein which you need.

Late at night if yr hungry, have a protein shake in skim milk mate to tide you over till morning.
Back to top Go down
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:20 am

Thanks for the feedback Peter much appreciated. Very Happy

I love my full cream milk, but I guess if you want to be a champ sacrifices must be made so bring on the skim milk Salud! Cheers!

The protein that I am having is pure whey protein concentrate, it does not have anything added to it. So I add the 4 teaspoons of glucose to replenish my sugar. Should I halve this or not have any at all?

Peace
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:26 am

You will find that you will get enough sugars from your other foods...no need to throw empty calories like spoonfulls of sugar into yr diet! If your really feeling low blood sugar, then add in a piece of natural fruit.
Back to top Go down
ryancha

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:23 am

Good job Cristian,

Double your rep range, minimum 20 reps per exercise and gauge your recovery, if you're not feeling 100% don't train on consecutive days or split the body parts. Your body will let you know whether you need to rest. Don't overtrain otherwise injury is just around the corner. And make sure you have a day off at least once a week to properly rest.

Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Ryans a big softy mate.....your body will adapt, so train until you drop lol!......just kidding, you do need a rest day every now and then, one day of rest a week should be fine. Learn to listen to yr body, grind it to the point of exhaustion and then give it a rest and refuel Cool
Back to top Go down
ryancha

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Isn't that what I said...there seems to be an echo...haha tongue
Back to top Go down
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 17 November 2009   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:10 pm

17 November 2009

Woke up and my cold was 90% gone. Felt 100% by the end of the day

Breakfast:
x2 Toasted sandwich - Cheese and Turkey

Mid morning:
100gm Oats with skim milk and honey

Lunch:
Salmon Salad with noodles from Japanese take away

2L of water through out the day.

Walk from Strathfield station to home. Arrived home and had a handful of salted peanuts.

Weight session only 2 sets today finish early, get some good rest and ready for fitness training tomorrow. Upright rows and elevated dips reps where down. I did feel exhausted today and pushed out 2 sets so I grinded it out like a warrior javascript:emoticonp('Twisted Evil'). I am feeling it and will rest on Thursday.

Push ups - 20 reps
Side Lateral Raises - 10 reps
Upright rows with EZ bar 10Kg - 10 reps
Elevated seated dips - 15 reps
Oblique Right side on Pilates ball - 15 reps first set 20 reps second set
Oblique left side on Pilates ball - 15 reps first set 20 reps second set

Warm down and stretches. Since I done only 2 sets today I had 35-40gm of protein shake and 500ml skim milk. I took out the glucose from the shake.

Ryan,
I can't increase the Reps because I don't have the weights to adjust. If I lower the weight I don't feel the burn by the end of the 20 reps by the second or third set. Working towards having all at 20 reps with my current weight.

Peter,
Ryan is a big softy javascript:emoticonp('lol!')

Peace out.

PS: I need to listen to that echo.

but I said, 'Don't quit.
as a champion.'"
Muhammad Ali.
Back to top Go down
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 18 & 19 November   Reticent Warrior EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:04 pm

18 November 2009

Breakfast:
200gm Greek Style Yogurt with an orange and pear

Mid morning:
100gm Oats with honey

Lunch:
3 Chicken Drum sticks with minimal curry sauce and oven baked vegetables (capsicum, zucchini and egg plant)

Water training good session, felt it in the morning. It felt great, I felt alive. After the water session I had 45-50gm of protein with approx. 600ml water.

After training went to Friend in Hand had plain veal with mash and veggies. Schooner of OJ with ice, didn’t finish the OJ.

Slept like a baby.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

19 November 2009

Rest day.

Breakfast:
Tried to make myself a shake with 2 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes, 1 cup All Bran, 1 Banana, 35-40gms of protein and 3 cups of skim milk.

This was way to much and I only ended up having two thirds of it. I will halve the Corn Flakes next time and reduce the milk.

Mid morning:
100gm Oats and honey

Lunch:
Spaghetti bolognaise with left over baked vegetables (capsicum, zucchini and egg plant)

Dinner:

Went to Hogs Breath i had steak and veggies with 3 slices garlic and herb bread.

My body really needed the day off, felt good. I could feel my body just work to recover from the past 4 days.

Oh just remembered. Since everyone is weighing themselves I thought I would weigh myself this morning which I did. I am now 90kg down 2kg since time trials

See you at training.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 20, 21, 22 and 23 November 2009   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 3:45 am

It has been a busy last 4 days but I have kept a dairy myself so I could keep track of what I have been eating and the workouts done. So here it goes

20 November 2009

Breakfast:
Rose hip jam with cheese on wholemeal toast x2 and Vegemite and Cheese on wholemeal toast x2

Mid-morning:
100gm Oats and Honey with Skim Milk

Lunch:
Foot long Roast Subway on wheat bread with Lattice, tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum and carrots with ranch sauce.

Water training:
Good session, feeling solid and able to put it in a lot more and for longer. Though, seat three is a bitch to be seating in (for a tall guy like myself), it's a good place to be. It felt good; I just need to keep on chipping away on my abs.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

21 November 2009

Another bike ride from Homebush to Quakers Hill. I was hesitant to do this as my left knee was playing up. I done leg drive with the crate on Wednesday 18 and after training it felt pretty bad. On Thursday I rested and had it elevated for a while, warmed it up and stretched it out. Friday 20 I was still feeling it. Found it hard to do long strides while walking, the top and out side of my knee is where it would hurt the most. I didn't do the whole running session before training on Friday. It started to hurt half way but I ended up doing the last few minutes.

Bike ride:
Homebush to Quakers Hill (left the house at around 6:00am - 6:30am, same as last week)

Time: 1hr 18min
Average Speed: 22Km/Hr

I shaved off 10min from last week cheers Very Happy . Really happy with this result as I gave it more in the first 6-7Km and then just kept it constant for the next 15Km then just took it home with whatever I had left. Hoping to take off another 10 minutes next week. Anyone want to buy me a camelbak for x-mas????? lol! I will definitely buy one before the next ride because it is just annoying, stoping the bike and grabbing water from my bag.

Arrived at Iris', warm down and stretch it out. Then had an espresso, with 40-45gm protein 500ml skim milk and 2 level teaspoons of glucose.

Got hungry a few hours later so i had 'huevo a la ostra' with 2 sourdough rolls. 'Huevo a la ostra' is a Chilean dish and this is what it consists of.

2 raw eggs mixed with 2 juiced lemons (more lemons the better) and a large clove of garlic (or 2-3 medium cloves). Grab your favourite bread, dip the bread into mix and eat. You can also toast the bread if you like.

Mid-morning:
Regular celery, carrot, orange and apple juice

Lunch:
Bread roll with ham and cheese

Dinner:
Spaghetti bolognaise (home made)

22 November 2009

Water training on a 10 man boat sucked but it had to be done. Trained half session and the other half I swept. 45-50gm protein with water.

After training I need to meet up with Iris in Surry Hills so I walked to Town hall caught the train to Central then walked to Crown Street in Surry Hills.

Lunch:
X2 Cheese and Tomato sandwich on white bread.

Dinner:
BBQ
1 T-bone steak and approx 100-150 gm rump steak with peas, corn, carrots and garden salad.

I was on the BBQ cooking the steaks to perfection afro lol! and as with all BBQs I had a couple of beers. Just the two a Corona and Coopers pale ale. yummmmmmmm.

23 November 2009

Breakfast:
X2 sandwiches with Rose Hip Jam and Cheese.

Mid-morning:
100gm oats and honey with 500ml skim milk

Lunch:
We had a Movember Sausage sizzle @ work which a co-worker and I were in charge of. It went really well.

X1 Beef with cheese, onion and BBQ sauce on a multi grain bread roll and x1 small chicken snag on its own.

Before I headed home there where sandwiches (finger food) left over from an event held in our building so I had a quarter sandwiches with lettuce tomato and cheese and a slice of Turkish bread with rocket, sundried tomatoes and onions.

Walked from Strathfield to home 1.5km.

Rested at home for 30 - 60min.

Warmed it up and stretched it out.

3 set circuit training

Push ups - 20 reps
Side Lateral Raises 5kg each Dumbbell - 10 reps
Elevated seated dips - 20 reps
Bicep curl with EZ bar 10Kg - 20 reps
Oblique Right side on Pilates ball - 20 reps
Oblique left side on Pilates ball - 20 reps

I felt that it was a good session I was looking to raise the shoulder exercises by an extra 5 reps but I was still feeling it with the current reps so left it as is.

I did though, raise the Upright rows, Elevated dips, Bicep Curl, Obliques Left and Right side by 5.

With the up right rows I started off with 15 but dropped down to 10 last week and picked it up to 15 again this week.

With the Dips I started with 20 but they where seated dips then moved on to elevated dips and was only able to do 15. I have now raised elevated dips to 20.

Can anybody help a brother out??? Looking to buy an incline/decline bench. Workoutworld have one that I am looking at for around $320, hoping to bargain them down to $300 with some extra weights and straight bar. I have looked around the net and they're all about the same price.

Thanks for your help.

And this brings me up to date.

Peace.

but I said, 'Don't quit.
as a champion.'"
Muhammad Ali.
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:29 am

Mate, if there were gold coins for detail you would be rich Cool I read about yr ambitious shake and laughed my head off, that would have been a beast of a shake to finish Shocked

Your full body circuit is great, keep upping the intensity as you are doing....your body will slowly adapt and you will continue to imprive. Good work Christian. Your DC20 brothers should be worried!

As for weight training equipment, check out ebay, you can often fluke a good deal on there.
Back to top Go down
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 24 to 27 November 2009   Reticent Warrior EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:59 am

24 November 2009

Breakfast:
X2 Melted cheese sandwiches

Mid-Morning:
100gm Oats with Honey and Skim Milk

Lunch:
Garvansos (Chilean dish) – Semi mashed pumpkin soup watered down slightly with rice and chickpeas.

Walked from Strathfield to home 1.5km.

Good improvement in this session finishing 1st set quicker and feeling solid, so i had a shorter break 30-45 sec after the 1st set but close to 1min 30 after the second.

In the 3rd set i was able to push out 5 extra reps for Front Raises and Elevated dips. I was listening to this song Saul Williams feat. Zack de la Rocha - Act III Scene II, pumped me up and got angry Mad , didn't know how i pushed out an extra 5 but shit i was mad Exclamation. have a listen

Workout - 3 set circuit training

Push ups - 20 reps
Front dumbbell raises 5Kg each dumbbell - 10 reps set3 15
Elevated seated dips - 20 reps set 3 25
Bicep curl with EZ bar 10Kg - 20 reps
Squats 5Kg each dumbbell - 20 Rep

40-45gm protein shake with skim.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

25 November 2009

Breakfast:
95gm of canned tuna in oil (oil was strained out) with tomato

Mid-Morning:

Lunch:
My mum cooked spaghetti bolognaise yesterday morning for dinner but she forgot to strain the water out of the pasta, not good. So I just cooked myself some rice and had that for lunch with the bolognaise sauce.

Water training
40-45 protein shake straight after.

As I arrived home one of my mates was just leaving to go play B’ball comp so I decided to tag along to shoot around. Didn’t play the game but just had a shoot around in a stinking hot court. The one out in Auburn.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

26 November 2009 – day off

Breakfast:
Sandwich – Avocado, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, carrot, red onion, smoked salmon and cheese on Turkish bread. There is a coffee/sandwich shop on the way to work great spot. Cheep to for North Sydney.

Mid-Morning:

Lunch:
X2 95gm of canned tuna in oil (oil was strained out) with tomato and a carrot.

Dinner:
Sumo Salad – marinated Chicken with mushroom. SUMO SALAD ROCKS!!! cheers
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

27 November 2009

Breakfast:
Bagel with Rose Hip jam and Philadelphia light.

Mid Morning:

Lunch:
Left over fried rice and pad Thai.

Snack before i left for training - Yogurt top muesli bar.

Water training.

I was sitting in seat 6 or 7. Felt good. I find my self in the last few training session, yelling a lot more trying to encourage the men and ladies. not sure if they mind this or not so for those of you at the last couple of training sessions is what i say and the way i say it alright with all of you???? I just don't want to disrespect anybody becuase i respect all you brothers, a shit load.

40-45gm protien shake with water stright after.

Stright to bed to get ready for my bike run.

Peace

but I said, 'Don't quit.
as a champion.'"
Muhammad Ali.
Back to top Go down
Commando

Commando

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:18 am

Arrow Good job Cristian, very good, keep up mate!
But can you please edit and make your entries
smaller hahahaha.... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.platoontraining.blogspot.com
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 28, 29, 30 November and 1, 2 December 2009   Reticent Warrior EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for the encoragement Peter and Miguel, i realy appreciate it. Keeps me going and this forum thing keeps me honest.

Peter,
I now have a bench see below for details. YOUR DAMN RIGHT WATCH OUT MY DC20 BROTHERS Twisted Evil

Miguel,
I have a quote for you

'I am a poet who composes what the world proses
and proses what the world composes'
Saul Williams.

With that i will continue my long posts tongue ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, 28 November 2009

Bike ride:

Homebush to Quakers Hill (left the house at around 6:00am - 6:30am, same as last week)

Time: 1hr 18min
Average Speed: 22Km/Hr

Protein shake with espresso, milk and 2 teaspoon of glucose with a lot of ice.

Same result as last week – blaming my stupid arse mountain bike. I can’t get any extra speed going down hill.

Buying myself a new bike, pictured below on Thursday. I will not be able to ride the bike until next week as Iris, Siobhan and I are going to a weeding in Newcastle. We are staying up there for the weekend so no water training for me on Friday and Sunday, but I have called the hotel to ask if they have a gym, which they do and they also have a pool.

Reticent Warrior Mk6Rv

Didn’t have much food intake besides the protein shake in the morning because one of Siobhan’s friends had a b’day party @ AMF Bowling. I didn’t get stuck into the hot chips or lolly bags etc but I did have a small slice of ice cream cake and an orange juice.

Lunch:
Subway
Foot long ham & turkey on wheat bread with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. No sauce.

I usually have a big dinner to stack it on for training the next morning. So for dinner today I had:

Hot dog with avocado, tomato, lettuce cheese and BBQ sauce.
Zucchini and mince oven bake.
Garlic pasta and Salad.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, 29 November 2009

Water training, helped Ryan out with sweeping, so he could concentrate on the people that needed technique training. Forgot to grab my protein as I left home so I bought that ‘aussie bodies’ protein popper x2. One before and one after.

Was looking to do a weight session when I arrived home as I didn’t paddle much. I wasn’t able to because I was doing some shopping for my new bike then I was going to meet up with Iris at my house and head straight for her place.

Lunch:
Garlic pasta leftover and fruit salad.

Dinner:
Lamb stew and Siobhan’s left over pasta.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, 30 November 2009

Breakfast:
X2 sandwich with avocado and light Philadelphia.

Mid morning:
100gm oats with skim milk and honey

Lunch:
Subway
Foot long roast beef on multi grain bread with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. No sauce.
Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate 50g

Warm it up and stretched it out.

Push ups - 20 reps

Warm down and stretched it out.

40-45gm protein shake with skim milk.

Finishing first set a lot quicker. So I had a shorter rest before I started the second set and the second set killed me, because I went for the same intensity as the first. Tried a new position for the bicep curl (see below). Doing the bicep curl this way as apposed to standing straight up is more effective, not sure why but you can feel it burn more, which is why my reps where down this week for the bicep curl.

I am feeling stronger with the shoulder press and upright rows so I’m going to increase the reps to 20 this weekend at the gym. Hope my arms don’t fall off by the third set.

Tuesday, 01 December 2009

Going to have to make today and Thursday a rest day. Iris mum’s b’day today and we’re going out to dinner, thank goodness they chose Thai. I’m over at Iris’ on Thursdays that’s why I have it as my rest day.

Breakfast:
My mum cooked steak last night so I had a cheese and steak sandwich. Never again, meat is too heavy for Breakfast, never used to be.

Mid-morning:
100gm oats with skim milk and honey

Lunch:
X3 Chicken drum sticks with corn and a spud

Dinner:
Spicy Chicken Thai Salad DELICIOUS. Stayed away from the fried spring rolls, fried prawn, crispy fried chicken (actually I had a bite to make sure it wasn’t to hot for Siobhan), no rice. BUT Iris had to go and buy an ice-cream cake topped with Oreo cookies. So I had 4 Oreos and a slice of cake. Damn I was doing so good.

Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Breakfast:
Left Iris’ in a hurry, no breakfast but was able to make it to work early. So I went to the Mad Greek, in North Sydney, for breakfast and had Muesli with Full Cream milk (forgot to ask for skim), yogurt, fruit and honey.

Mid morning:
100g Oats with skim and honey

Lunch:
Japanese take away. It was basicly a tuna salad with vegie sauce.

No water training for me today I got my bench in here's a pic.

Reticent Warrior GAdH3

So I done my work out. Increased the reps in the third set for push ups, front raises, upright rows and sit ups. For the shoulder press i increased it to 20 for all 3 sets. Getting stronger cheers

Warm it up and stretched it out.

Push ups - 20 reps; Third set 27
Shoulder Press 5kg each Dumbbell - 20reps
Front dumbbell raises 5Kg each dumbbell - 10 reps Third set 15
Upright rows with EZ bar 10Kg - 15 reps Third set 17
Sit ups on Pilates ball - 20 reps Third set 25

Straight to bed.
Back to top Go down
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 3 December 2009   Reticent Warrior EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:10 pm

3 December 2009

Another rest day. I tried to squeeze in a weight session today as I had a day off work but I couldn't as I took advantage of the day off and slept in to 8:30am. Shopped around for a camelbak and went to go buy my bike which I didn't because they didn't have the size that I needed 60cm. going in the morning to get it.

Breakfast:
Went for half boiled eggs but ended up with boiled eggs x3 with a whole meal roll and Fresco cheese.

Boost juice:
Low-fat smoothie - Tropical Storm.

No lunch today no mid-morning mini meal. Wasn’t feeling hungry at all I did have breakfast later than usual at about 9:30 then the boost got me through to dinner.

Was feeling thirsty so I decided to have a Lipton Ice Green Tea. Big mistake I had a taste of it and realized how sweet it was then when to look at the nutritional info and a third of a 500ml bottle is sugar. I was that thirsty I had it anyway but NEVER AGAIN.

Dinner:
x2 Slices Mushroom, cabanossi and anchovies pizza
x1 Super Supreme

Heading to Newcastle tomorrow. I’ll keep a diary to make sure I can put it all in here.

Peace
Cristian
Back to top Go down
Commando

Commando

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reticent Warrior   Reticent Warrior EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 8:47 am

Hi Cristiano!

I think I did not get my message a crossed properly the other day,
I’m sorry about that. What I meant with edit and smaller Message
was, edit the empty spaces and the length of your sentences to the
right margin, keep it centre to the left margin and minimize the empty
space, after that write as long and as much as you want hehehe Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.platoontraining.blogspot.com
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: 4 - 13 December 2009.   Reticent Warrior EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:27 am

It has been a while since i have been on here. I have kept all of this in a word document and tried to remember off the top of my head see below for more detail.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Went to Newcastle for a wedding and I forgot to take my journal to write what I had done, so all of this is from memory.

Friday, 4 December 2009

Breakfast: ???
Lunch: ???
Snacks: Dipped Flake, x2 Grain Waves (small packets)
2-3 Litres of water.

Arrived at the hotel checked in and sorted everything out rested and headed to the hotels gym.

The gym didn’t have 5kg weights they went from 4 to 6. So I took the 6kg weights and done my usual work out. I totally forgot to do my push ups and had only realised that I didn’t do them when I was finishing off my 3rd set.

Shoulder Press 6kg each Dumbbell – 20 reps all three sets
Side Lateral Raises 6kg each Dumbbell - 10 reps
Bent over raises/Bent over side laterals 6Kg each dumbbell - 10 reps
Front dumbbell raises 6Kg each dumbbell - 15 reps all three sets
Squats 6Kg each dumbbell - 20 Rep

40-45gm protein shake with water.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, 5 December 2009

Not really a rest day today needed to get ready for the wedding.

Breakfast:
Hotel’s buffet. A lot of muesli and yogurt with skim and fruit.

Lunch:
Subway – Foot long Subway Club on Wheat with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion and carrots.

Off to the reception for dinner and drinks
Dinner: Entre – don’t remember what it was but it was delicious. Main – Lamb shanks with vegies and a glass of wine. Desert – also don’t remember what it was but it was delicious.

Lost count of the beers I had but I was having Hahn premium light.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, 6 December 2009

Breakfast: Hotel’s buffet. Greasy breakfast – x3 hash browns, 1 small egg Benedict, 2 slices of bacon, scrabbled eggs, 2 toasts, an omelette and a muffin. All washed down with a few glasses of orange juice.

Lunch: none

Left over BBQ meat pasta salad and garden salad.

Monday, 7 December 2009

X4 toast – x2 vegemite and cheese, x2 rose hip jam

Lunch: Subway Foot long Roast Beef on Wheat with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion and carrots.

Dinner: ????

Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Breakfast: Muesli with yogurt, mixed berries and milk.

Lunch: Went to watch a movie with Iris shared a medium popcorn and had a choc top

Dinner: Pizza

Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Breakfast; x2 sandwiches – Ham, Cheese and tomato toasted.

Mid morning: Oats and Skim Milk with honey

Lunch: Japanese take away salad – Rice with cooked vegies and beef.

Water Training

40-45gms of protein.

Thursday, 10 December 2009

Another rest day, training took it out of me yesterday my triceps go a right royal work out.

Lunch: x3 drumsticks with corn and one potato

Afternoon snack: Sandwich with ham, cucumber, tomato, cheese and lettuce

Dinner: Homemade beef stir-fry and rice.

Friday, 11 December 2009

Lunch: Macaroni and cheese

No water training as I slept in. Was only meant to sleep for 20 min, I had my alarm on and everything but it didn’t go off, not sure why. Rested the rest of the afternoon so I could be ready for time trials the next morning.

Dinner: Pork and rice.

Saturday, 12 December 2009

Time Trial, good result not great could have done better still need to be fitter. No water training as I was heading for the hunter valley gardens that afternoon.

Arrived home after water training and was able to squeeze in a weight session:

Push ups – 25 reps
Shoulder Press 5kg each Dumbbell – 20 reps
Front dumbbell raises 5Kg each dumbbell - 15 reps
Triceps extension 5Kg dumbbell – 10 reps

With the triceps extension; this was the first time I have done this exercise in a long while. Now that I have a bench I will be looking to add more tricep exercises to my routine. For this particular exercise I will increase to 15 or 20 for the next session as this was just a test to see how I would be able to handle the new triceps workout.

When I done the workout at the gym with the 6kg weights I found this weight to be fairly light, so before this session I weighed the weights and found out they weigh 7 – 8kg incl. the bar and the fasteners.

No squats today as I was going to go for a ride on my new bike to Iris’. Only made it to the corner of Parramatta Road and James Rouse Drive due to a busted tube.

Lunch: Subway Foot long Turkey and Ham on Wheat with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion, carrots and ranch sauce.

Dinner: Beef burger with lettuce, onion and BBQ Sauce.

Snack: Peanuts and Original Red Rock chips.

Sunday, 13 December 2009

Woke up late and decided to wait for lunch to have a feed.

Lunch: x2 sandwiches.

Late afternoon sushi

Late dinner: Rice and rib eye stake.

Getting back into it on Monday.

Last edited by Cristian Sepulveda on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing detail)
Back to top Go down
Cristian Sepulveda

Cristian Sepulveda

Reticent Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Its been a long time exactly from the 14 December 09 to 05 January 10   Reticent Warrior EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR cheers

It has been a very long time but i have been keeping track of what i can remember.

I have been lazy in getting my workouts on here but know that i need to put them up keeps me honest.

I know it will be a long read so happy reading

other wise just skip all the Ferrero Rochers, hot chips, ice cream cake, cheese cake, hot mud cake with ice cream. Besides having all of these delicious things over christmas and the new year i did manage to keep the weight off.

I went to brisbane from the 25 December 09 to 02 January 10. We stayed at Iris' aunties place. There was no internet access but there was a home gym machine. Which I hated becuase I was only able to do major muscle groups becuase the length of the pullies wasn't long enough to get full extension and flexion on other muscle groups.

anyway here it is.

Monday, 14 December 2009

Slept in and had b’fast late.

Breakfast: Tomato, cheese and ham melt and Rose Hip jam with cheese roll.

Skipped mid morning lunch because of late breakfast.

Lunch: Pasta with bolognaise sauce.

Snack: Snickers.

Workout

Warm it up and stretch it out

Push ups - 20 reps
Shoulder Press 7.5kg Dumbbells - 20reps
Side Lateral Raises 7.5kg Dumbbells - 10 reps
Bent over side laterals 7.5kg Dumbbells - 10 reps
Front dumbbell raises 7.5kg Dumbbells - 10 reps
Overhead Triceps extension 7.5kg Dumbbells – 15 reps
Squats 7.5kg Dumbbells - 20 Reps

Warm down and stretches.

40-45gms of protein with skim milk.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Breakfast: Shake, 1 cup kellogs corn flaks and 1 cup all bran with 400ml skim milk. The all bran sinks to the bottom, not good. Went on the internet at work to look for some Breakfast shakes and found a whole stack of them.

Midmorning: Oats with skim milk

Lunch: had $5 for lunch today and the only thing around North Sydney this cheap is hot chips so that is what I had.

Testing out my new bike and looking for a new bike trail so that I don’t bust my tube again. So I took it easy until I realised I was at the Church Street entrance to the M4 at Parramatta. 24km bike ride.

Workout

Push ups - 20 reps

Warm down and stretches.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Breakfast: Prosciutto, 3 eggs and cheese.

Midmorning: Oats with skim milk

Lunch: Had $4 for lunch today and actually found a healthier option than yesterday, a large Boiled rice.

9.6 beep test
Water Training.
Protien shake

Thursday, 17 December 2009 rest day

Breakfast: x2 sandwiches – Bread roll with lettuce, tomato, Fresco cheese, anchovies, salmon and salt.

Skipped mid morning meal as work organised an early farewell lunch for our team.

Lunch:
Gourmet Burger with fries.

Dinner:
???

Friday, 18 December 2009

Breakfast:
X2 ham cheese and tomato sandwiches

Had a work conference today, there were plenty of sweets but was able to resist having to much.

Morning tea: x2 mini muffins

Lunch: Roast beef, green salad, potato salad and bread roll.

Afternoon tea: x2 hedgehog slices.

Water training.

Saturday, 19 December 2009

Bike ride, Homebush to Quakers Hill

Left the house at 6:45am

Took a new route this time so I wouldn’t bust another tyre, though through this bike trail route there is a lot of starting and stoping but here are the results.

Distance: 30.7 km
Average Speed: 25km/h
Time: 1hr 12 min

Another personal best, though I do attribute most of this to the new road bike I bought. I am able to push it down hill and really pick up some speed. Up hill, I am able to keep the speed of the bike up.

Breakfast???

Lunch: Sandwich with avoado, tomato, lettuce, ham and cheese
Was still hungry after lunch so I had a medium size can of tuna with carrots Spanish onion, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper.

Dinner: ???

Sunday, 20 December 2009

Bike ride from Iris’ to Blacktown station, get off at Strathfield station and ride to my house.

Small breakfast, oats and skim no honey, wasn’t the most pleasant taste but I was starving and had to have something before going to training.

Water training.

Breakfast and lunch ???

Dinner: Pasta with bolognaise sauce and smashed the garlic bread

Monday, 21 December 2009

Breakfast: ham cheese and tomato x2

Mid Morning: Oats and skim milk

Lunch: Pasta

Workout

Push ups - 20 reps

Warm down and stretches.

Tuesday, 22 December 2009

X3 scrabbled eggs with cheese.

Mid-morning: Oats and skim milk

Lunch: Pasta

Dinner: BBQ at a friends house 3 sausages, fried rice, green salad and bread.

Workout

Push ups - 20 reps

Warm down and stretches.

Wednesday, 23 December 2009

Left home in a rush, so I had no breakfast but was able to have a late breakfast once I had arrived at work.
Musli, yogurt, milk, fruit (green apple and orange) and honey.

Mid Morning: Oats with skim milk and honey.

Lunch: Medium can of tuna with tomato, avocado and carrot.

Received a box of 30 Ferrero Rocher, shared it around the office but I still ended up having about 13 of them. DELICIOUS

Wasn’t hungry until late, because of all those delicious Ferrero Rochers and I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping last night so I had some take away for dinner

Dinner: Hoka Hoka noodles.

Thursday, 24 December 2009

Mid Morning: Oats with skim milk and honey

Lunch:???

Dinner: Meat, potato salad, green salad then desert.

Friday, 25 December 2009

Dinner: Harry’s cafĂ© de wheels meat pie, mash and peas at the airport.

Went to Brisbane to spend Siobhan’s birthday and New Years with Iris’s family. She has an auntie that lives up there.

Saturday, 26 December 2009

Siobhan’s birthday

Lunch: mini meat pies, sausage rolls and frankfurts.

Ice cream cake

Sunday, 27 December 2009

Morning walk, jog, run – 8km. I did a few sprints on the way home.

Breakfast: toast with butter, cheese tomato.

Ice cream cake

Monday, 28 December 2009

Breakfast: Hash browns, eggs and grilled tomato

Lunch: Sandwiches.

Iris’ uncle has a home gym machine. I just done the major muscle groups, upper body. I hate these home machines they are to small to do any other type of weights.

Work out

Seated bench press 100lb 12 reps 3 sets
Seated shoulder Press 100lb 12 reps 3 sets
Lat Pull downs 100lb 12 reps 3 sets
Pull backs 100lb 12 reps 3 sets

Warm down and stretches.

Dinner:???

Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Breakfast: Muesli, Greek style yogurt, skim milk and 2 fruit

Went to three beaches today. So I did a fair bit of wave catching, swimming and played with Siobhan. By the end of it I was absolutely exhausted. This was my training for the day.

Lunch: Burger and chips aioli sauce.

Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Lunch: Sandwiches

Workout

Seated bench press 100lb 12 reps 3 sets
Seated shoulder Press 100lb 12 reps 3 sets
Lat Pull downs 100lb 12 reps 3 sets
Pull backs 100lb 12 reps 3 sets

Warm down and stretches.

Thursday, 31 December 2009

Lunch: Fish and chips

Dinner: Chicken, green salad, potato salad, meat and a lot of beer.

Deseart: hot mud cake and ice cream

Friday, 01 January 2010

Breakfast: Hash browns, 3 oven backed eggs, x2 (or 4 halves) oven grilled roma tomatoes orange juice.

Lunch: Sandwich

Dinner: left overs from last night.

Deseart: hot mud cake and ice cream

Saturday, 02 January 2010

Time to drive back to Sydney.

Lunch: Thai – Stir-fry beef with black bean sauce and half a can of lemonade.

Dinner: McDonalds there was nothing else open. Angus burger large chips and large Sprite.

Sunday, 03 January 2010

I was thinking of going to training today until I remembered that it is my mum birthday today.

So I headed over to my mums place after we all had breakfast which was

2 toast and butter

Had lunch at my mum’s place. Which consisted of:

Sushi – avocado and salmon

Dinner: Meat and rice with tomato salad.

Monday, 04 January 2010

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs with cheese with 3 toast and one toast with rose hip jam.

Not sure why but I went through the morning without a mid morning meal. So for lunch I had Oats and skim milk with a Boost bar melted through. I had no honey.

Workout

The last few workouts I have been trying to increase the reps for Side Laterals, bent over side laterals and front raises but I have been unable to do this.

I figure it is because by the time I get to these exercises, my body has already been through the push-ups and shoulder press so today I started with Side Laterals and pushed the Shoulder Press down the ladder.

By doing this I was able to squeeze out another 2 reps for Side laterals, front raises and See below for more detail

Push ups - 20 reps
Side Lateral Raises 7.5kg Dumbbells - 12 reps
Bent over side laterals 7.5kg Dumbbells - 12 reps
Front dumbbell raises 7.5kg Dumbbells - 12 reps

Warm down and stretches.

I struggled with the shoulder press at 20 reps but I did them anyway. Even if it took me a little longer to do them.

Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Breakfast
X2 sandwiches with ricotta cheese

Mid morning
Oats with skim milk and honey

Lunch
Medium size can of tuna with one tomato and carrot

Dinner:
One empanada (Chilean version of a meat pie, but a lot more healthier)

Workout

Push ups - 20 reps
Side Lateral Raises 7.5kg Dumbbells - 12 reps
Front dumbbell raises 7.5kg Dumbbells - 12 reps
Bent over raises/Bent over side laterals 7.5kg Dumbbells - 12 reps