CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU

Daily training diary for paddlers of City Dragons Dragonboat club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)

Go down 
+2
jlacie
Inesita
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inesita

Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) Empty
PostSubject: Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)   Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:04 am

Hi! Wow, you guys are machines! Well done everyone on crazy workouts! :-)

Some of the girls have been getting together once or twice a week to do the bay run (7km) for a few months now. We started walking and running, and have progressed now to running most of it. We mix it up by doing sprints in between and continue setting goals to improve our pace and time. We finish it off with 2 x 50 of each of the following: sit ups, push ups, dips, lunges and squats.
From here we aim to continue building on our fitness, improving our strength and weight. On monday I attempted to change it a little by riding my bike there and back! It was ouch!
I must say, City Dragons support and committment is truly invaluable and it makes training hard so much easier and enjoyable!

I look forward to learning from everyone!

Ines :-)
Back to top Go down
jlacie

jlacie

PostSubject: Re: Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)   Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 am

Welcome Ines!

Glad to see the girls chipping in! You've done great till now and I am sure the results will prove worth it in the end.

Pass on the inspiration to all those hard working ladies out there!
Back to top Go down
FISH

FISH

PostSubject: Re: Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)   Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:55 am

cheers

Welcome Ines, on S/M City Dragons FORUM Laughing

Lovely to see you here, nice team work out, that must be inspirational. Well done and keep doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.citydragons.com.au/
keifa

keifa

PostSubject: welcome   Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Heeellllllooooo Ines...

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE... WE ARE ALL MONKEYS, TRYING TO REACH THE BIG BANANAS ON THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN.. BUT IT IS NOT EASY GETTING UP THERE SO WE MUST ALL TRAIN TOGETHER.. SO WE CAN ALL ENJOY THOSE BANANAS...

HAHAHA...

WELCOME AGAIN.. LETS SEE WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sdacosta1

sdacosta1

PostSubject: Re: Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)   Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 am

Hi Ines i read an article about a trial in Germany where they tried over 20 different programmes for increasing fitness and the winner above all was this one. 5 min jog warm up Then Sprint for 20 sec, then slow jog recover for 10sec repeat 8 times, then jog 1 min warm down. Do this 2 times a week. Nothing came close. Oh that and a balanced diet!! Very Happy

you go girls!
Back to top Go down
Bernie

Bernie

PostSubject: Re: Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)   Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 5:42 am

There was a similar study done on the stationary bike. Warm up for 5 minutes, then sprint all out for 8 seconds then recover for 12 and your repeat this cycle for 5-20 minutes as your fitness improves. But I guess the point is, interval training is best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)   Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought it was time the girls joined in - Ines :)
Page 1 of 1