CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CITY DRAGONS ROAD TO MACAU

Daily training diary for paddlers of City Dragons Dragonboat club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alex's Solomons training regime

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kazak

Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Day whatever!

Close to a month here..
Woke up early from night shift sleep.. had breakky/lunch and bbq, then shake, m-stak and trained.
LEGS:
Smiths machine Squats: 100kg x 12reps, 140kgs x 4reps, 140kg x 4reps + 100kg x 8reps SUPERSET Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
100kg x12reps.
Calf-raises: 140kg x 10reps x3 sets.Tuck jumps: 8kg x 10, free weight x 15, f/w x 12, f/w x 12.
Leg curls: 52kg x 11, 52kg x 8

Boxing: 1min rounds/ 1min rest = punches, punches, kicks, skip knees, kicks, skip knees, punches.... x 7sets all together. 30min boxing technique work.
Done
Shake

Dinner: roast beef, spaghetti + salad

Night shift snack: Salami sandwich + shake

Snack 2: pork + salad sandwhich + shake

Some good results with strength gains, plus i liked the plyometrics so I will endevour to continue atleast with the tuck-jumps until i can do 3sets of 20 with atleast a small weight. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:18 pm

PS: Erik is being a grub and talked his way out of training legs ...AGAIN Suspect
the grub did arms and didnt come to boxing..meow
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 am

You gotta watch out for these Chileans, they are lovers, not fighters, they like to talk it up for the ladies, but we all know its purely for show Laughing

Nearly a month down mate, I have put my EOI in as well, see what happens with that.

If Eric keeps piking on yr gruelling workouts, just feed him to the crocs, no point relying on him, you have to go it alone to reap the rewards cheers
Back to top Go down
https://citydragons.forumotion.net
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:06 am

Ok all.. well I've had a few days off.. not sure if there is a relation, but after finishing the animal m-stack cycle I felt extremely drained, body was possibly fighting a flu as a few people in camp are sick. All I been wanting is sleep.. so I had to listen to my body.
cyclops

It has now been exactly one month since I arrived.. overall assessment thus far is I'm happy with the amount of training up until a few days ago, and with grappling progress.. Jono has been putting ideas in my head of spending another year of training like this, cutting to 95kg and fighting in competition...hmmm now I've started to daydream about this.. I'm not gonna make a bodybuilder.. maybe I can fight ok, only one way to find out.

Day 29:

Started beakky with: Bowl of fruit salad on empty stomach, 3wheatbix and full cream milk.

Training: Shoulders
Clean and Presses: 50kg x 10reps, 60kg x 8reps, 70kg x 3 reps, 70kg x 4reps, 60kg x 8reps.
Kettlebell swings: 20kg x 10 each arm, x 10, x 10 + 5clean and press, x 10 + 5clean and press.
Upright rows: 40kg x 10, x10, x10
Lat raises: 17.5kg x6, 12kg x 10, 12kg x 10
B/O Lat raises:12kg x 20, 15kg x 20.

Shake+ Lunch: Rice, Steak, chicken stir fry, broccoli and cabage salad.

Work...snack: Sandwich

Dinner: lots of shit

Shake

Training 2: BJJ 1.5 - 2hrs expected... hopefully Tas the 110kg islander comes to put the pressure on a bit more bounce bounce bounce

Schwing!
Back to top Go down
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am

Day 30:

Woke up a little late but still managed to get in some breaky; had wheatbix bowl with full cream milk, 1 tub yogurt.

Trained Arms:
Cambered bar bicep curls: 35kg x 12, 45kg x 10, 55kg x 6, 55kg x 6 (good controlled reps with slight spot by erik on last of the heavies)
Incline curls: 10kg max reps high, 15kg x 12, 15kg x 12 approx.
Zottman curls 15kg + Marraccas 5kg (Eriks name for exercise where elbows are locked in and you circle the hands and forearm like a hammer curls but in a circle): 7 +10 (five each way), 7 + 10, 6 + 10.
Overhead extensions: 30kg x 10, 35kg x 8, 37.5kg x 6, 37.5kg x 6
Skull crushes: 35kg x 12, x 12, x12 approx
Done

Good pump in arms, slight tendonitis in right elbow this time post work out.

Ate fruit salad, lunch

Dinner

Grappple and box circuit with erik after work Smile

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIII
Back to top Go down
Peter Skene
Admin
Peter Skene

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:46 am

So you think your a tough guy now that you have been rollin around on the floor with other sweaty men......you will never put it over the SKENESTER, BIATCH hahahahaha Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://citydragons.forumotion.net
Kazak

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Day 31:

Woke up 11am after not getting to sleep till 4 watching UFC Embarassed had lunch/breakky with heaps of rice and fish and some rubbery type thing that was meant to be lamb chop.

Trained LEGS: Todays focus was on higher reps for maximum burn and shock value Smile
Machine Donkey calf raise: 73kg x 30reps, 93kg x 20reps, 100kg x 20reps, 93kg x 20reps.
Smiths-M Squats: 60kg x 25reps, 100kg x 12reps, 100kg x 10reps
Tuck jumps: +5kg Dums x 15reps, +5kg x 12reps, free weight 15reps
Superset_ Straight legged deadlifts w/dums 37.5kg each + seated machine leg curl 52kg: -/12, 8/12, 8/15
Bonus calf ex: Donkey raise 64kg till failure.

Apple, nuts and a shake...1.5hrs rest

Training 2: Rolling.. where do I start? Had to work a little harder today as I've finally got a partner bigger, heavier, stronger and uglier than me.. actually a very nice dude with allegedly nothing but a rugby background. Moved very well and all credit to him, apart from one choke that i got on just before time.. and many other attempted submissions..erik and I got dominated. Left the gym with feeling of having somewhat under performed.. but after thinking about the afternoon's activities decided that all this means is that Im gonna have to work harder from now on and use the stamina advantage, weather the storm at the start, and set up something quick while he's tired. Thats the game plan.. as for now..

Dinner: 4x pieces of apricot marinade chicken, mash potato, lettuce/egg/bacon salad.
Rest
Start night shift with a shake and about to make up a snack for around 2300h..

PS: Skeeny.. why u hatin? I know you'd love to be over here doing this shit with us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Solomons training regime   Alex's Solomons training regime - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex's Solomons training regime
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2